JD - Soft Piano JD - Soft Piano

Really nice

Great little track. One thing worth giving a try is pushing up your bass notes one octave. You'll still have a nice gap between your upper lines and will sound a little less muddy with more clarity. Keep going!

Orchestral Theme 2 Orchestral Theme 2

Excellent!

Great percussion and orchestral sound. Very cinematic. Can I ask what sound library(s) you used for this? Did you use StormDrum by any chance? (have had my eye on it) :)

[AMP] Died In Your Arms [AMP] Died In Your Arms

Nice!

Nice job. Don't feel too bad about the vocals. Your vocals are fine (a little over processed for my tastes, (pitch correction?) but by no means bad!) It's not that you can't sing, it's that the original vocals set a very high bar. He has a very expressive voice, probably, perfectly captured with some expensive gear. It's a nice track and the vocals work well; just that people have such an attachment to the original, I think you've set yourself an unfair task

Green Hill Zone - Orchestrated Green Hill Zone - Orchestrated

Really nice!

This is a great little track! Haven't heard this for so long, it was nice to revisit it in this way.

I like that you haven't overdone it with a barrage of instruments. You've selected a nice instrumentation that works well with the song.

My only minor gripe is that the attack and decay on your strings patch means that it's impossible for you to express the slighter quicker note changes effectively. Maybe two patches with different envelops could work better.

Either way, well done; a great track. :D

DigitalDuck responds:

Thanks for the review! There was a reason I used a piccolo for the melody...

No idea Why No idea Why

Crisp!

VERY well mixed! A little more variety in the drums would have been nice, but they sound good. The synth work is top notch and all beds in nicely together :)

yeajimmiboi responds:

Thank you man :) thank you for commenting :)

Song of Healing (guitar) Song of Healing (guitar)

Very nice! :)

Fret sliding sounds can be intelligently applied and exist in most good guitar VSTs. It might even be a soundbank in the standard MIDI set.

This does seem like a MIDI version to me. Sounds more like steel string than nylon. Either way, a very nice track.

The Belmont Legend The Belmont Legend

This is AWESOME!

Awesome orchestration and such a quality sound and mix. I'm glad you took the creative liberties you did. I'm a critical kind of guy when it comes to music, but there's nothing to complain or even critique. Love everything about it :D

Sounds so pro, I'm quite jealous :P

Random Battle Theme Random Battle Theme

Love it!

I REALLY like this track. Very atmospheric and well layered. Drums were a touch loud in the beginning, and could be nice to have a few different velocity levels for the snare hits, but having said that; having one sound like that is what gives it a kinda 16-bit game 'edge' to it which is great. :)

The synth work is great. Gates synths in there or vocoders? (Assuming you're using Reason?)

yeajimmiboi responds:

There were both :) I used a gated synth on the Thor synth, seemed to give a kind of surreal edge. That trippy synth I just came across in the Thor bank section, so I thought I would add a digital reverb unit too it, same with the others, I also added a scream distortion unit too the drums. I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Automation Experimentation Automation Experimentation

Quality track :)

This is a great track. I really like the main lead melody line. Though I think you could probably bring out the lead a little bit more in the mix. Levels are solid though. Synths work nicely together. It's a bit short for a trance song, but develops so well that could loop it over and over happily

Nice job!

yeajimmiboi responds:

Thank you for your review. Thanks for your kind words :)

Song of Healing: Zelda Song of Healing: Zelda

Excellent!

Probably the best version of the song I've heard, and believe me, there are a LOT of remixes out there on youtube and OCR.

I love the approach, the textures you've used and the way you've layered it up, bringing instruments in and out of focus. Respect for using a real Ocarina. I think it shows in places about not being quite right, that's the only reason I've docked off a mark, otherwise it's a solid, solid 10